"I must improve... I have to."
|Knight of Aventheim|
|Japanese Name||Mardin Scott|
|Unit Class||Lance Knight|
Mardin is a playable character in Knights in the Nightmare.
Mardin shoulders a strong sense of responsibility, to the point that others consider him too immersed in his work. He has a tendency to be pessimistic.
"A stoic pessimist, the only area of his life in which Mardin has confidence is his ability to throw darts. He worries about others to the point that their problems soon become his own. Although he is embarrassed to admit it, he idolizes Wunsche and hopes to be like him one day. Mardin's best friend is Fritz."
- "We forest guards pass the long hours with darts..."
- On Dreyuss, A Concerning One: "How could they use children as security guards...?"
- On Wunsche, An Idolized One: "As a knight, and as a man, he deserves great respect."
- On Wunsche, An Idolized One: "I know in my heart I could never be better than him."
- On Wunsche, An Idolized One: "To become better than him is any man's goal."
- On Fritz, An Old Comrade: "Fritz was famous for being a strong lifter."
- On Fritz, An Old Comrade: "He took it upon himself to make us laugh on missions."
- On Fritz, An Old Comrade: "I think I could learn much from his cheerful nature."
- On Fritz, An Old Comrade: "Fritz is always telling me to be more optimistic..."
- On Staehel, A Renowned Archer: "I heard Sir Staehel is among our finest archers."
- On Erica, One to Respect: "Lady Erica told me of her promotion."
- On Frances, A Concerning One: "How could a girl so young be sent on patrol?"
- On Legaard, A Bold Man: "I wish I could act as boldly as Sir Legaard..."
- "A competition of darts? I'll take any challengers."
- "My voice doesn't have the big bass his does..."
- "I saw a ghost in the Valde Forest. I'm not lying."
- "Are the citizens of the west safe?"
- "I hope this world becomes a place where children grow."
- "The western sky lit up like lighting. What was it...?"
- "My younger brother wants to become a knight as well."
- "I give chase, only to be chased in return..."
- "That flash in the west may be a catastrophe..."
- "I worry that I show no aptitude for knighthood..."
- "I will do what I can as a member of the 11th Order."
- "The more I try to convince myself, the less I believe."
Using Key Item:Edit
- "This could be called... a special talent."
- "I don't miss anything I aim at."
- "Well, I would have been no use lying here forever."
- "I shall continue to improve as a knight!"
- "Give me greater strength!"
- "Thank you very much!"
- "Truly? Thank you."
- "I'm sorry I was not useful enough..."